WATT Pipe Beveling machine installation and operation procedures of the beveling machine follow the principle of safety first, and I would like to remind users to comply with the safety regulations when using this equipment:
1. Read the operation manual. Before starting the installation, be sure to read the installation and operation procedures carefully, which can save valuable time and avoid personal injury and machine damage.
2. Check the machine and check the parts before installation.
3. Only trained personnel are allowed to operate the machine.
4. Observe the rules for accident prevention established by professional organizations and enterprises.
5. Use the specified voltage.
6. Use the machine in a dry and safe condition.
7. Operate in the direction of the arrow on the machine.
8. Do not use cooling or lubricating fluid.
9. Wear protective glasses during operation.
10. Pay attention to the protection of the machine's power cord and operating environment.
11. Before adjusting the cutting width and chamfer angle of the blade, you must unplug the power supply.
12. Check whether the screws are tightened before operation.
13. When the cutting width exceeds 15MM, it must be carried out in several times.
14. Do not replace the milling insert without power failure.
I. Adjustment of cutting edge cutting width
When leaving the factory, the cutting width of the cutting edge of all beveling machines is adjusted to 2MM. To adjust, first loosen the fastening screw (13) under the handle, turn the handle (12), and lift the housing. The adjustable range is 0-15MM ．
We do not advocate adjusting the cutting width to more than 15MM; this protects the machine and tools, and each adjustment is 5MM.
The scale IIIIII corresponds to 0, 5, 10, and 15MM; (After the blade cutting width is completed at 45 degrees, the screws must be tightened.
Adjustment of chamfer angle
At the factory, the beveling angle of all bevelers is adjusted to 45 degrees.
To adjust, first loosen and remove the four fastening screws (3) on the left and right sides of the housing.
Adjustable angle 30-60 degrees. The scale of the housing should be aligned with the white line of the milling station.
After the angle adjustment, be sure to tighten the screws.
The angle adjustment may slightly affect the cutting width of the cutting edge.
Operation of beveling machine
Before starting the machine, please note that the knife is cut in different places and different operating modes should be used.
If you want to lower the knife from the edge of the workpiece, place the beveler parallel to the edge of the workpiece, and the milling insert must not touch the workpiece (approximately one-third of the milling table contacts the workpiece).
Start the machine, move the machine evenly and firmly according to the direction indicated by the arrow.
If you want to cut from the middle of the workpiece, place the left side of the beveler on the workpiece, and the milling insert must not touch the workpiece.
Start the machine, wait for the milling cutter to fully cut in, and move the machine evenly according to the direction indicated by the arrow.
When the pipe is beveled, first remove the milling cutter table (10) (11), then install the bevel tooling table, and then place it on the pipe to adjust the appropriate depth and angle. Before feeding, hold the handrail, move the body, let the blade slowly approach the pipe until the slope cuts to the outer wall, and then slowly advance the knife in the direction of the arrow.
If the groove is facing an uneven surface at the end of the pipe or a pipe with a high hardness at the port such as a gas cutting pipe, the pipe port should be polished before the bevel operation. If we do not follow this method, the machine will malfunction, and our company will not provide warranty.
Tip: In this case, you can also use the ISY series or ISD series beveling machine to cut and bevel the pipe, the effect is better!
Replacement of milling inserts
Unplug it first.
Loosen the two six-head screws (2)
Remove the cover
Remove the retaining ring (17) from the grooved nut (18)
Use a random 30MM wrench to loosen and remove the slotted nut (18)
Remove the toothed snap ring (17)
Remove the milling insert (36)
Note the position of the transition spring
Place the milling cutter head on a flat surface.
Loosen the screws on the clamping plate (7) and remove the old milling insert (turn the insert 90 degrees)
After removing the milling insert, place the milling cutter on a flat surface.
Place the new cutter in the groove on the cutter head.
Tighten the hex screws.
The second milling cutter head is treated in the same way.
The milling cutter head is installed in the reverse order.
Note the placement of the snap ring.
When installing the milling head, the flat side faces inward.
Before starting the machine, check whether the milling cutter is in place and whether it is loose.
Unplug the power before each inspection.
If you have more questions and need our help, you can call our service at any time